BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Titles

I have been a Single Girl, a Working Mom, a Stay At Home Mom and a Work At Home Mom in the new century.  Shifting and transitioning to conform, fit, and factor-in all of God's plans for my life.


Going from a Marketing Coordinator for a nationwide chain to being home all day is an adjustment to everything new.  A new routine, a new self discipline, a new dynamic with my husband and a new set of friends, just to name a few.

I remember working full time through my first pregnancy and daydreaming of how great it was going to be staying home, just me and my new baby all day.  Taking naps, making fabulous meals, no bosses, no deadlines and leisurely reading great novels.  After 6 months,  I realized it is the baby whom I beg to take naps, sometimes Hamburger Helper has to count as fabulous, the only reading I really did was baby's first year books.  Who would have known that part of me missed meeting deadlines, impressing my boss or lunch with my co-workers.

I also got a few perks as a stay at home Mom that I did not foresee.  An unconditional love and special trust only felt with your child.  A new level of respect and admiration from my husband.  Learning more about myself through new sets of challenges.  And I am a better person because of these surprises.

The modern woman holds all kinds of titles in her lifetime.  The only thing constant is self.  Who you are outside of the labels you acquire:  Mother, wife or employee.  Embrace life's changing roles and responsibilities; they may just be the best times of your life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't even want to think about all of the titles that I've held in my lifetime! Of all of them, I take my Mommy role VERY SERIOUSLY though! I know that someday I will look back on this time and cherish all the blood, sweat and tears that I've shed for my kids! I just know that they will be my finest accomplishment!

Mommy In Wonderland said...

Right On!