BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm A Stressed-Out Little Teapot

Sound familiar?

The house is a mess.  Each of the toddlers are wanting my attention; pulling me in opposite directions.  The phone is ringing and lunchtime is approaching.  The water in my emotional teapot is heating up and about to boil.  My youngest dumps his juice all over the dog and my whistle blows! 

One of my 2009 Resolutions was to have more patience with my kids.  I'm sure this one is near the top for all Moms.  Now, it is my nature to research things I do not know.  In my pursuit to find the magic technique to save my sanity in these "teapot moments", I recently stumbled upon an interesting take on why kids make their Mothers crazy.  It is from a book called, "Your Erroneous Zones" by Dr. Wayne Dyer.  I'll paraphrase and report:  Kids have little control in their lives.  But, one way to gain control is to misbehave for Mom and send her into one of her fits.  Sure, she'll punish the kids with time-outs, etc., but look what you get, complete emotional domination over her!  Now, Dr. Dyer's answer to this is to identify and deconstruct your anger to eventually eliminate it.  

Now, I am no where close to perfection.  But, I am a work in progress.  I want to keep evolving and this is one area where I surely need help.  If someone out there has found the solution to cool off an angry Mama at the peak of her frustration, I welcome your comments.

Sincerely,
Ma-Kettle

0 comments: